The International House Certificate in teaching Younger Learners and Teenagers (IH CYLT) is a teacher training course and certificate which is designed to prepare Course Participants (CPs) to teach English as a foreign or an additional language (EFL/EAL) to children between 2 and 16 years old.
• To improve the participant’s overall quality in teaching Very Young Learners, Younger Learners and teenagers.
• To learn about different techniques to teach VYLs, YLs and Teenagers, with content presented in a dynamic way using processes which could be suitable to be adapted in class.
• To provide participants with opportunities to implement the acquired knowledge during the teaching practice.
WHAT DOES THE COURSE CONSIST OF?
• Twelve 3-hour input sessions, run by tutors approved by International House World Organisation and monitored by Cambridge English Language Assessment.
• 2 face to face tutorials with tutors to receive support with lesson planning.
• Teaching practice observed by an approved IHWO tutor – a minimum of 2 lessons at 2 different levels and age groups.
• 2 written assignments.
• 11 portfolio tasks.
• 6-hour observation tasks of experienced teachers.
WHAT CERTIFICATE WILL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES RECEIVE?
Successful Candidates will be awarded the International House World Organisation Certificate in Teaching Younger Learner and Teenagers. The certificate will have the Cambridge English Language Assessment logo and the words ‘Moderated by Cambridge English Language Assessment’.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS
• Participants must have a minimum English language level of C1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. All of the sessions are presented in English and the written assignments must be written in English.
• Participants must successfully complete the application form and task sheet.
• Participants must be 18 years or older and be educated to university entrance level.
• Applications should be received early enough to allow for interviewing and for some pre-course preparation to take place.
• During the course, participants must have access to 2 different age groups and preferably at 2 different levels for teaching practice.
STARTING JUNE 2019
Input session will be held every other Saturday.